Healthcare Security Services
Hospitals and other healthcare facilities, such as psychiatric hospitals, acute care facilities, clinics and assisted living centers, are always in vital need of healthcare security services. The primary challenge is maintaining the desired levels of accessibility, service and patient care and satisfaction while providing healthcare security services that provides the necessary levels of control and protection.
* Security policies tailored to the hospital’s specific protection needs
* Assignment of staff based on vulnerability and security requirements
* Security operations unique to each hospital’s individual security requirements
* Staff training directed at understanding the sensitive needs of patients, visitors and staff
* Post orders for all shifts, posts and assignments
* Staff IDs that are easily recognized and specific to each hospital discipline
* Ongoing and regular evaluation of healthcare security servicesand client satisfaction
Typically, a hospital security officer will undergo a training program regarding healthcare security services prior to assuming job duties. It is not unusual for him/her to have other experience in the areas of security or police work. For example, a security guard may also be a current or former police officer. The type of training program required to work hospital security will typically vary by jurisdiction and the standards of both the training course provider and the security officer’s employer. A hospital deserves the right to hire its own healthcare security services and manage that security team. Some jurisdictions require private security officers to be licensed through a government agency before carrying out healthcare security services.
The actual duties of a hospital security officer will vary depending the hospital where the guard works as well as his or her experience level. Some areas of the hospital may be under more extreme security measures than others. For example, many hospitals take special security precautions in maternity wards so as to prevent the abduction of newborn infants. Areas of the hospital in which drugs or other types of expensive equipment are stored may also benefit from a stronger security presence.
If you need more information about healthcare security services please visit our website at online order form or call us at 1-866-770-0004.