Home Security Companies are a Necessity
Home Security Companies are Necessary
Using one of the local Home Security Companies is almost a necessity in this day and age. A very scary statistic shows that a burglary takes place every 14.6 seconds in the United States. Another frightening statistic states that the average loss is $1,725,00 in each burglary. Items that are usually stolen during burglaries include money, jewelry, electronic devices, antiques, silver, gold, musical instruments, or other items that may be easy for a thief to hock. Houses without a security system in place are three times more likely to get broken into than houses that do have a security system in place. It is really hard to believe these terrifying statistics are true. However unfortunate it may be, we still need to keep ourselves protected, ideally by choosing to set up service with one of the many Home Security Companies in your area.Whether or not you have found one of the many Home Security Companies to secure your home, you should still take every safety precaution possible.
Some helpful tips are:
* If you have an alarm system, display the name in a prominent position to deter thieves
* Even if you do not have a security system, you can still put a sticker in your front window, or even a sign in your yard. (Every bit helps, although it is better to have a legitimate security company if you are displaying that you do.)
* Only tell close friends or a neighbor when you are going on vacation (Make sure not to post on social media until you are back.)
* If you hide a spare key, make sure it really is hidden
* Have your lights set to timers so it is not obvious when you are not at home
Major Advantages of Having a Home Security System
There are definitely some major advantages to havinga home security system. In addition to feeling safer and deterring thieves, many Home Security Companies offer a way to remotely manage your security system via your smartphone or Internet. You can control the alarms, thermostat, lights, and locks in your house with just a click of a button. You can save money on your electricity bill by only using your lights, air, heat, etc. when needed. The average homeowner spends $1900 a year on utilities, and you can cut this in half by using a remote system. You can also lock/unlock doors, or even control appliances, such as your microwave, oven, or even your curling iron.
Call APS to learn more from one of our trained staff members at 1-866-770-0004.
Leave A Comment