Follow these eight steps when figuring out How to Start a Security Company.
Write Everything Down to Avoid Missing Any Details
What to do when you are figuring out How to Start a Security Company is write everything down so you don’t miss any steps. The need for security continues to rise and private security companies can be affluent. If starting a security company is something that interests you, the first thing that you should do is list all of the necessary steps and what needs to be done to accomplish each step. It is always a good idea to have the end goal in mind when starting any project, no matter how big or small, and then detail every step needed in order to reach that goal. There are so many factors involved with the startup of any business, in addition to maintaining day to day operations and future planning, it is easy for things to get lost if you are not organized.
Steps to Take When Figuring Out How to Start a Security Company:
- The first step is to find out is what certifications/licenses your state or city require. Most likely you will need a security guard’s certification, license, and private patrol operator’s license. Training courses are available from both state programs and private trade schools. *Private patrol operator’s license can be obtained from the Department of Consumer Affairs and requires a minimum of 12 months’ work experience.
- Enroll in an accredited security guard training program to obtain your security license (if you don’t already have one). *Classes take between six and eight months to complete.
- Register your security company’s information with your local police department.
- Purchase liability insurance for your security company.
- Make sure you are in great physical shape by participating in an acceptable boot camp.
- Educate yourself in criminal law (either at a local university or online) so you have an understanding of criminal law and know how to act and react professionally in every situation.
- Hire employees who meet all legal security guard requirements, and have a lawyer draw up contracts for both employees and clients. Make sure all contracts are signed and each party understands exactly what his rights/obligations are to avoid potential future issues.
- Advertise/Market your security company to businesses and individuals by using social media, networking, flyers, industry advertising (Online/Print ads), coupons, etc.
Contact APS for additional information at 1-866-770-0004 or visit these related pages: Starting a Security Company and How to Start a Security Guard Business.
For more information about hiring a private security company to meet your needs, please visit APS Security Guard Services online at www.accesspatrolservice.com. We look forward to serving you.
Leave A Comment