An industrial security specialist is defined as a portion of internal security which refers to the protection of industrial installations, resources, utilities, materials, and classified information to protect from loss or damage. Some of the duties for an industrial security specialist includes:
* Maintaining successful working relationships with government and internal customers, review personnel security clearances and periodic investigations.
* The industrial security specialist will also need to provide security briefings, debriefings, and awareness training for every area on site.
* Secure and maintain all personnel security clearance records and maintain document and visitor control records.
* Coordinate visit requestswith self-inspection
* Enforce standards for a secure environment for the protection of personnel, property and information
Retail Skills and Qualifications
There are very important elements that you must have when pursuing a career in industrial security. You have to obtain an active secret clearance and previous success as a Facility Security Officer (AFSO) or an equivalent position.In this position, you must be able to implement security policy and provide assistance to staff. You must demonstrate the experience and ability to help the Security Program. An industrial security specialist will need to be efficient in Microsoft Office.You will have respond to alarms or emergencies.The industrial security specialist will need to possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude are key to this position as well. The most important element is being able to handle the demands and prioritizing work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
To have a career in industrial security, you need to have the proper requirements in education. You must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in government and industrial security. Another option that is available is having an Associate’s Degree with at least 5 years of experience in industrial security and different government sectors. If you haven’t achieved a college degree, you can have military experience or other training combined, which will be accepted in lieu of degree or years of experience.
If you’re interested in being a security guard please call us at 1-866-770-0004 or visit us at online order form.