Crime in Granada Hills as Compared to its Surrounding Cities
If you travel just over three miles north from Northridge, you will reach Granada Hills. Granada Hills is a neighborhood in Los Angeles, and considered the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles County. Violent crimes are just slightly higher than Northridge, with three in the past week. However, property crimes are a bit lower (28 compared to Northridge’s 35) and their weekly average is 5.7 crimes per 10,000 people. In comparison to the six-month outlook, it is astonishing to see that Northridge had almost twice as many violent crimes, with 133 compared to Granada Hills. This may show that the Granada Hills security guards are keeping this number down. Property crimes and crimes per 10,000 people are higher than nearby Porter Ranch, Sylmar, and North Hills, but significantly lower when compared to Northridge and Mission Hills.
Past Statistics for Crime in Granada Hills
In the past seven days, according to L.A. Crime Maps, both violent and property crime reports were about average for Granada Hills. (This includes three violent crimes and 28 property crimes.) Over the past three months, Granada Hills averaged 3.5 violent crimes and 22.2 property crimes per week. Over the last six months, the rate of 114.3 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Porter Ranch, North Hills, and Sylmar and lower than Mission Hills ,Northridge, and Unincorporated Santa Susana Mountains.
See the list below for some of the things that Granada Hills security guards can do:
* Secure premises/personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspect buildings, equipment, and access points
* Only permit entry to approved residents and personnel
* Obtain help when needed by sounding alarms
* Prevent loss and damage by reporting irregularities, and informing violators of policy and procedures
* Restrain trespassers as needed
* Control traffic by directing drivers
* Complete timely reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities
* Interview witnesses and obtain signatures when needed
* Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
* Maintain organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
* Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
* Follow manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshoot malfunctions, call for repairs, and evaluate new equipment and techniques
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Contact APS if you need more information on Granada hills security guards, or have security questions in general. We can be reached by phone at 1-866-770-0004 or online at online order form.